- The 5 Minute Minyan: There is a core group of men that make up our daily minyan. Some attend daily, others attend on specific day or days. There are also a couple of men who must leave early. When we have latecomers making the minyan, and people leaving early, we get the ‘5 Minute Minyan’ during the overlap. Please come to the minyan regularly. Please commit to 1 or more days a week. Please be on time. Come and Help Make Our Minyan Strong!
- Early Shabbat Mincha: Mincha services, this Shabbat, will begin immediately after Kiddush (12:35pm), Please remember to return after Shabbat ends at (at 5:58pm) for Ma’ariv services (at 6:15pm). Please remember to recite “Baruch hamavdil bein kodesh l’chol” in order to end Shabbat before driving or doing other work that is prohibited on Shabbat.
- 2-Part Series on Relationships:Rabbi Moldovan will deliver a 2-part series on the Jewish concept of relationship, which will begin on Sunday evening February 7 at 8:00pm - "Pre-nups - appropriate for a Jewish marriage? “The second part of the series will be on Sunday February14 at 8:00pm - "Love or lust - the Jewish conception of marriage"
- Tehillim Group Meeting: The next meeting of Gina Gelb Tehillim Group is scheduled for Tuesday night, February 9th at 8:00 pm at the home of Miriam and Charles Parker, 134 WynnWood Rd. Fairfield. Please call or email Miriam to let her know you will be attending.
- Energy Modernization Act of 2015: The U.S. Senate is currently considering an energy legislation package, which contains a proposal, spearheaded by the Orthodox Union, to create a federal grants program that will subsidize nonprofit organizations—including Jewish schools and synagogues— to make their buildings energy efficient. Nonprofits could apply for grants to defray a portion of the cost of the energy efficiency program. Such a grant could help provide for new, modern heating and air-conditioning equipment for Ahavath Achim. You can learn more about this important Energy Savings legislation by clicking here.
- GOLDEN BOOK NOTICE While Sara and Andy are away on vacation, until February 19, please call Susan Klein at 203-301-0693 for all your Golden Book requests
- Father & Son Learning Continues at Cong Bikur Cholim Parshat Mishpatim, February 6, at 6:30pm.
- Israel Affairs Speaker Series, Wednesday, Feb. 10, 7:30 pm - “Defending Israel,” featuring Avi Posnick, Regional Coordinator for the Israel advocacy organization StandWithUs. Sponsored by Federation for Jewish Philanthropy and CT Hadassah, in cooperation with area congregations; Hosted by Cong. Beth El, Fairfield
- NCSY EXTREME SHABBAT MAKEOVER Coming soon- February 19 – 20. Fairfield NCSY is being re-vitalized. Call Rabbi Moldovan to offer your help and support for this exciting event for our community teenagers. Can you help house and host leaders/chaperons/ teens. See the flyer for full details.
- President's Weekend Conference: Feb. 12-14, at The Heritage Hotel in Southbury, CT, sponsored by the Association of Orthodox Jewish Scientists. For a list of presenters and complete information see the flyer in the front hall glass wall case; call 718-969-3669 or email email@example.com
Welcome to Congregation Ahavath Achim
Congregation Ahavath Achim is a warm, suburban, Modern Orthodox synagogue, affiliated with the Orthodox Union. We are located in scenic Fairfield, Connecticut, just one hour from New York City, with easy access via either the Merritt Parkway or I-95, Amtrak or MetroNorth. A short drive will bring you to nearby beaches, marinas, parks, historical sites, nature centers and museums. We experience the changing seasons of a New England town but also enjoy all the conveniences of being within easy commuter distance of New York. Visitors to our community are always welcome!