- Pesach is Here! Pesach is Here! As Pesach arrives, many members of our community travel to friends and families. We ask that everyone make a special effort to attend as many minyanim as possible. Please arrive on time, and Help Make Our Minyan Strong!
- In observance of Pesach the shul office will be closed from Monday April 25 to Monday May 2, reopening on Tuesday, May 3rd.
- Community Mincha/Ma'ariv - With the Kollel is on recess for the month of Nisan, The Bridgeport/Fairfield community Mincha/Maariv services will switch to the Summer schedule as of Sunday, April 10th. Mincha will be at 7:10 pm followed by Ma'ariv. There will no longer be a 2:40 pm Mincha service at the Kollel. There will be no minyanim held at the Kollel on 59 Arlington Street from Sunday April 10th until Sunday May 8th, as they will be on recess. On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights the community minyan will be at Bikur Cholim. On Sunday and Thursday nights, the community minyan will be at Ahavath Achim.
- Yom HaShoah - Thursday, May 5 / 27 Nisan: Yom HaShoah, Holocaust Memorial Day, was inaugurated in 1953, anchored in a law signed by the Prime Minister of Israel, David Ben-Gurion, and the President of Israel, Yitzhak Ben-Zvi. Originally planned to take place on the anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, 14 Nisan, April 19, 1943, the observance was moved due to Passover. The date was moved to 27 Nisan, 8 days before Yom Ha’Atzmaut – Israel Independence Day.
- Please Contact the Office If You Would Like to Pick Up the Leaf, Plaque, Rock You Donated to Hillel: If you or your family has a leaf on the Tree of Life, a plaque, or a rock in the former Hillel Wing that you would like to keep, please contact the shul office (203-372-6529) to make arrangements to pick it up. Thank you, Sara Klein
- It's Time to Start Planning Our Annual Journal Event
Yes, it is that time again, and we need to start early so that we can celebrate the selected honorees properly and make this a spectacularly successful fundraiser. We need volunteers willing to spend time organizing the ad collection and planning the event. Please email Barbara if you can serve at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to Congregation Ahavath Achim
Congregation Ahavath Achim is a warm, suburban, Modern Orthodox synagogue, affiliated with the Orthodox Union. We are located in scenic Fairfield, Connecticut, just one hour from New York City, with easy access via either the Merritt Parkway or I-95, Amtrak or MetroNorth. A short drive will bring you to nearby beaches, marinas, parks, historical sites, nature centers and museums. We experience the changing seasons of a New England town but also enjoy all the conveniences of being within easy commuter distance of New York. Visitors to our community are always welcome!